Congratulations on your new arrival (or arrival soon to come)! Having a baby is a miraculous, life changing experience. Nothing will ever be the same after you set eyes on your new bundle of joy for the first time. Children are both a blessing and responsibility, and part of that new, shiny responsibility is making sure you have all the baby essentials. While there are dozens of lists out there to help you prepare for bringing your little angel home, here are a couple of baby essentials that are indispensable in the first few days.
The Baby Essentials You Can’t Live Without
1. Formula- While many mothers choose to breastfeed, formula is one of the baby essentials that every mother should keep in the house. The best of intentions can fall to the wayside, whether it’s because of the baby’s tastes or yours. Having formula on hand can help prevent a stressed out mother from losing her mind by giving you the peace of mind in knowing that the baby will get the nutrition you need no matter what happens. Just keep it close by in case things change.
Formula – Walmart.com
2. Diapers- This is one of those baby essentials that seem intuitive, but stockpiling on diapers can be a real life saver. New parents usually don’t want to move they’re so exhausted. Having to go to the store because you thought your little pee monster would be fine for a few more days is not a fun experience. Make sure you’re stocked to the gills in diapers, just as a precaution.
Diapers – Walmart.com
3. Spit rags- Those angelic looking beings tend to have a nasty habit of pulling an exorcist impression on a regular basis. Not only are these impressions convincing, they’re incredibly messy, have at least twenty spit rags at your disposal for feedings and burpings. It will save you many a cute baby outfit, and at least as many loads of wash in the long run. Spit rags are one of those baby essentials you can’t live without.
4. Blankets- Blankets are easily one of those baby essentials that people overlook. It’s great to have some keepsake blankets put to the side that are pretty to look at but not very functional. However, it is way more important to have large, soft blankets for baby to cuddle with and be swaddled in. Many a tragic infant has been subdued by the loving touch of a fuzzy blanket. However, much like the spit rags, you will go through these at a rapid rate. Make sure you have plenty on hand.
blanket for babys – Walmart.com
- Picture Resources: Visit for more: https://pixabay.com/en/baby-baby-girl-sleeping-baby-784607/